Sunday, March 16, 2014

Taste, Sunday March 9, 2014

We’ve decided that we need to upgrade and increase our food selection at Vinosofia, so I thought what better way than to go to Taste!

Taste in an annual event that has been going on for over 5 years now in an old train station-turned into an event center in Florence.

The setting was cool but the temperature hot.  The climate control was working in about a ¼ of the building and it was way too crowded for my taste.

Apart from the negative aspects of the day there were many positive things.  On my list were lots of yummy things that needed to be found.  Some of them were, biscotti, chocolate, tea, crackers, bready snacks, honey, and truffles.

Many of the items I found ended up being from Tuscany, which I was happy about because I am trying to keep the inventory at Vinosofia to a minimal footprint or km “0” as they say here. 
There are certain products that just have to come from elsewhere though, like tea.

The overall quality of the food products was high and I was really please with the products I found.  

It was strange to pass a day tasting food and not wine though.  We did try a couple of Prosecco’s here and there and a really good beer from Veneto, but nothing worth ordering. 


I can’t wait to go again next year, but from sure I will go really really early Saturday or Monday morning….never on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment